In the first of two back-to-back meetings, city council will ratify almost all of what they passed at Committee of the Whole, make a couple of new appointments to local boards, and an epic closed meeting session. It should be a brief warm-up for a significantly longer meeting that will happen after this.
NOTE #1: Delegates will be able to appear at this meeting via telephone, but you do have to register with the clerks office before 10 am on January 22. You can also submit written delegations and correspondences for agenda items.
NOTE #2: The meeting will be closed to the public, though it will be live-streamed on the City of Guelph’s website here.
1. January 2021 Director Appointments to Downtown Guelph Business Association, Board of Management – This will be discussed in closed meeting due to “personal matters about an identifiable individual, including municipal or local board employees.” The appointments will be approved in open session.
2. 361 Whitelaw Road Local Planning Appeal Tribunal Update – Due to the “litigation or potential litigation” of this council decision now before the LPAT, this item will be discussed in closed session.
3. 65 Delhi Street – The City of Guelph is in the process of selling this heritage building, so that means it will have to be discussed in closed session because it involves “proposed or pending acquisition or disposition of land by the municipality.”
City Council Appointment to the Grand River Conservation Authority Board of Directors – City council will vote on their two new appointments to the GRCA Board, one of them will be Rodrigo Goller, but it remains unclear who the other appointee is. Bob Bell currently serves as the second Guelph member of the GRCA Board.
January 2021 Director Appointments to the Downtown Guelph Business Association Board of Management – After the discussion in closed session, council will formally vote to name three new people to the Downtown Board of Management.
Consent Agenda items from the Committee of the Whole meeting* on January 11. (Items can be pulled by a councillor seeking additional information, otherwise all items will be voted on as a slate without further debate.)
- Sign By-law Variance for 225-245 Westwood Road
- Sign By-law Variance for 244-246 Willow Road
- Sign By-law Variance for 85-87 Westwood Road
- Coalition of Inclusive Municipalities
*The Cultural Heritage Action Plan, which was discussed at Committee of the Whole, will be ratified at the planning meeting that will take place immediately after this meeting.