City council will be dispatching two sections of the 2018 budget in short order at the beginning of November in a special Thursday meeting.
Now, if you read the preview for the previous budget meeting, then you know what will be voted on in this one. Things may change over the course of debate though, so the numbers in the recommended items below may change before the final vote is taken.
CON-2017.47 2018 Non-Tax Supported Operating Budgets
1. That for Stormwater Services the following be approved:
- 2018 Stormwater Services Operating Budget in the amount of $6,052,000, inclusive of reserve transfers as outlined in ATT-1;
- A City of Guelph stormwater base charge of $4.60 per month per Equivalent Residential Unit (ERU) effective January 1, 2018; and
- That the Stormwater Fees and Services By-Law be passed.
2. A 2017 Court Services Operating Budget in the amount of $3,940,300, inclusive of the reserve transfer, as outlined in ATT-1.
3. A 2017 Ontario Building Code Administration Operating Budget in the amount of $3,515,670, inclusive of the reserve transfer, as outlined in ATT-1.
4. That for Water and Wastewater Services the following be approved:
- Proposed expansion package in the net amount of $126,300 for Water Services as outlined in ATT-2;
- 2018 Water and Wastewater Services Operating Budgets in the amounts of $30,966,468 and $31,411,049 respectively, inclusive of the expansion request and reserve transfers, as outlined in ATT-1;
3. A City of Guelph water volume charge of $1.72 per cubic metre effective January 1, 2018 and wastewater volume charge of $1.84 per cubic metre, effective January 1, 2018;
4. That the City of Guelph water and wastewater basic service charges remain consistent with 2017 per ATT-3 effective January 1, 2018; and
5. That Water Services and Wastewater Services Fees and Services By- Law be passed.
CON-2017.48 2018-2027 Capital Budget and Forecast
That the 2018 Capital Budget in the gross amount of $90,788,062 be approved;
2019-2027 Capital Forecast in the gross amount of $1,179,706,044 be received for information.