Every month, Guelph Politico posts the latest inspection results from the Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health Unit inspection of local restaurants, hotels, cafes, grocery stores and other businesses that handle food. We call it “Mangez!”, and this column highlights the latest inspections done by WDGPH, and the results they’ve posted.
Here are the inspections done between March 1-31 according to the “Check Before You Choose” website.
*No infractions found
Heal Wellness, 118 Wyndham St N
Pizza Pizza, 71 Willow Rd
Burger Factory, 13-485 Silvercreek Pkwy N
Caribbean Delight, B9-221 Woodlawn Rd W
Chuck’s Roadhouse Bar & Grill, 261 Woodlawn Rd W
Freshii, 221 Woodlawn Rd W
QB Bakery & Deli, 86 Dawson Rd
Smashies, 23 Quebec St
Spice Roots and Indian Authenticity, 200 Kortright Rd W
Starberry Cafe, 1-450 Woodlawn Rd W
YMCA of Three Rivers at Rickson Ridge Public School, 177 Rickson Ave
UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH
College Place, 166 College Ave W
Norfolk Manor, 128 Norfolk St
Nuuh Ventures, 10C-42 Carden St
*Non-critical infraction: An infraction (violation) that is not likely to lead to food-borne illness or infection (e.g., lighting is not bright enough for food preparation or work areas).
Chartwell Wellington Park Retirement Residence, 181 Janefield Ave (3 Non-Critical Infractions)
- Adequate protection against the entrance of insects, birds, rodents, and other pests
- Ensure floors are kept clean and in good repair
- General housekeeping is sufficient to maintain the premise in a clean and sanitary condition
Parkview Day Care, 89 Speedvale Ave E (1 Non-Critical Infraction)
- Chlorine sanitizer concentration must be at least 100 parts per million at 24°C or greater for at least 45 seconds
Preschool Canada, 322 Eastview Rd (1 Non-Critical Infraction)
- General principles are followed regarding cleaning and disinfection.
*Critical infraction: A violation found during an inspection that could be a health hazard.
Curious about the restaurant or establishment you’re going to, check out “Check Before You Choose” before you head out the door.