Twice-monthly, Guelph Politico posts the latest inspection results from the Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health Unit inspection of local restaurants, hotels, cafes, grocery stores and other businesses that handle food. We call it “Mangez!”, and this column highlights the latest inspections done by WDGPH, and the results they’ve posted.
Here are the inspections done between May 1 and 15 according to the “Check Before You Choose” website.
*No infractions found
Airpark Cafe, 50 Skyway Dr
Appetizingly Yours Event & Catering, 23 Garibaldi St
Candies of Merritt, 344 Speedvale Ave E
Cutten Fields, 190 College Ave E
Edible Arrangements, 5A-292 Stone Rd W
Freshii, C3-89 Gordon St.
Groovy Grilled Cheese, food truck
Hasty Market, A3-320 Eastview Rd
Heavenly Dreams Ice Cream, food truck
Insomnia Cafe & Deli, 1-649 Scottsdale Dr
Luchador Gourmet Streatery, 124 McMeeken Dr
M&N Macdonell Village Grill & Salads, 70 Macdonell St
MacMillan’s Fine Foods, 6-715 Wellington Street W.
Pho Saigon Restaurant, 2-240 Silvercreek Pkwy
Pizza Hut, 2-219 Eramosa Rd
Q-Ball Billiards & Bar Ltd., 470 Woodlawn Rd E
Tim Hortons, 715 Wellington St W
Toppers Pizza, 492 Edinburgh Rd S
U of G – Gryphon Grill, 50 Stone Rd E
U of G – Infusion, 50 Stone Rd E
U of G – Made in Japan, 50 Stone Rd E
U of G – Mom’s Kitchen, 50 Stone Rd E
U of G – Nature’s Best/Pasta Alla Trattoria, 50 Stone Rd E
U of G – Needa Pita, 50 Stone Rd E
U of G – Ontario Veterinary College – Cafeteria, 50 Stone Rd E
U of G – Piller’s Deli/Panini Plus, 50 Stone Rd E
U of G – The Grill House, 50 Stone Rd E
U of G – UC Food Court, 50 Stone Rd E
U of G – UC Food Court – Tim Hortons, 50 Stone Rd E
U of G – Science Complex – Second Cup, 50 Stone Rd E
U of G – Wok-a-thon, 50 Stone Rd E
Zehrs Markets, 297 Eramosa Rd
Zehrs Markets – Bento Nouveau, 297 Eramosa Rd
- Ensure all surfaces are clean and maintained in good repair; Ensure all surfaces are easily cleanable and non-absorbent
Café Greek Garden, 497 York Rd (1 Non-Critical Infraction)
- Ensure floors, walls, and ceilings are tight, smooth, and non-absorbent; Ensure walls are kept clean and in good repair
- Remove all materials not associated with the daily operation of food premises; Daily housekeeping practices must be improved; Maintain the premises in a clean and sanitary condition
Jimmy Jazz/Royal Electric, 52 Macdonell St (1 Non-Critical Infraction)
- Chlorine sanitizer concentration must be at least 100 parts per million at 24°C or greater for at least 45 seconds
Killer Cupcakes Goremet, 32 A Wilson Street (1 Non-Critical Infraction)
- Provide paper towels at hand washing basin in food preparation area
*Critical infraction: A violation found during an inspection that could be a health hazard.
One Stop Convenience, 140 Hadati Rd (1 Critical)
- Displayed food must be enclosed in a manner to prevent contamination
Curious about the restaurant or establishment you’re going to, check out “Check Before You Choose” before you head out the door.